Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School

The first week of school is done and over. And truthfully I am so done and over with this week! What an adventure it has been! Everyone is exhausted from the new schedules and routine and nerves are frayed. In fact, I think all 5 of us are hanging by threads. Good thing I have all weekend and know how to knit!

Cale has loved 1st grade. In fact, he is so disappointed that there is no homework that yesterday he tried to stuff a book into his bag from his bookshelf to try to fool me that he had work to do. Sorry little man, I did not trust what you were doing in your room.....who would have thought you were trying to give yourself homework? Next time, I will try to trust more and not be suspicious of a child running into their room with their backpack before they show me what's in it. But seriously, the homework will come. Such a cute little man. Warms my heart just thinking about his face yesterday wishing he had work.

Here he is leaving the house:




Mary just fell into preschool like she had done it a million times. She, as usual, didn't even need to say good-bye. I think she wondered why I hung around a little. Well my darling Mary, you are just too cute and I love to see you do your thing! Speaking of which, she was doing "her thing" at Costco today. They had a music kiosk up and we had to stop and pause so she could rock out much to the delight of the other shoppers! (and of course me) If you haven't seen this happen, you really are MISSING OUT! The girl can rock! I am never tired of watching her dance party. The best is when she asks for Bon Jovi. Seriously, could the girl get any cuter?




So, here we are at the end of the week. I find myself at the end of my rope. Time to take a deep breath. Already poured the drink and it's time to relax and revel in the fact that the husband will be home shortly to help out. That there is no bus to catch tomorrow. That after a short bible school training, my boyfriend and I will get a cup of coffee without any kids. Some things are good. Who am I kidding, things are great! I have 3 beautiful children, a great husband, and this blessed life adventure that we are on together.......






Oh, and did I mention that Monkey can now crawl, wave, and (if you can believe it) is giving Mary a run for the money in language skills? Babbling all the time!!! How I love my little Monkey.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog!! I'll start following! Cute pics! :)

    ReplyDelete