Monday, October 4, 2010

What's Cooking!?!

So, I have found myself in possession of some great recipes this summer/fall and have been required to try them out. Compulsively trying them out is more like it! There is just something so fun about finding a new recipe and then whipping it up and loving it! I have also found myself wanting to document these feats with photos. So, here is a small selection of what's been cooking! Puff Pancake
Recipe ala Heidi
(Fabulous with fresh fruit and powdered sugar!)

Singapore Street Noodles
recipe ala internet
(These are a new favorite of mine. Better than the restaurant's!)


"Kristen Bread"
recipe ala Kristen
(My children and I give many thanks to the greatest neighbor for this special treat!)
Alas, those are the only photos I have taken. Some other great treats have been the search for the perfect French Breakfast Muffins! (We all must have ingested 2 lbs of butter each in this quest) No lie, I have made about 3 or 4 different recipes in search for one we made in junior high. I found one close.
This fall we have been making apple sauce. Yum, homemade apple sauce. Never had it until this year and am now a bit irked that I have been paying for Musselman's to make it all these years. It is so simple to make and tastes "light years better" than that which you can purchase according to the huband. Must admit, the kids and he eat it up faster than I can make it! Have managed to sneak a few quarts into the freezer too.
We have had Lake Eleven fried fish 3 times this summer! That is a record. A meal of sunnies, a meal of bass, and then the best meal of Northern. Delish!
Other new recipes and innovations are homemade manicotti, chicken enchiladas (my personal fave, thanks Lori!), crock pot chicken recipes, some really great apple muffins, monkey bread and a whole bunch of others that aren't coming to mind!
I do say, I hate the dishes. HATE THEM! But, I do love home cooked meals from scratch. So, every few weeks I find myself on a bender and whip up a few recipes all at once. Today I made 2 types of homemade bread; white which tastes great but looks ugly (this recipe needs some work), and Kristen bread. I also made applesauce and then dinner. Loved all of it. Loved that the girls let me get this all done! Now I don't need to cook for a week! Especially since that great picture (featured above) of Noodles still sits calling my name in the fridge. Yum. I love food! Always have and always will!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you Martha Stewart! So where'd you get the singapore noodles recipe? I want it! We used to live by a restaurant called "Singapore" and they had the best noodle dish!! I'm hoping this recipe is similar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Singapore noodles recipe PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this recipe from www.recipegoldmine.com. It's the PF Changs China Bistro Singapore Street Noodles. Love it! FYI, it makes 2x the sauce you need so either cut it in half or do as I did and make the recipe twice in two weeks! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete