Friday, October 8, 2010

Indian Summer

I just love fall. It is by far my favorite season of all. I always get giddy with the sense of newness, renewal, and starting over that comes with the transition from hot, humid days into shorter, cooler and comfortable ones. I have to admit, things seem to look better, colors are more vibrant and I just feel that much better! I love to start cooking again, take time with my kids, and just start fresh. I don't think I will ever lose the back to school excitement or change that comes with fall. Don't get me wrong, it is not lost on me that this is weird. Spring should say renewal, but is doesn't for me. So should new changes and fresh starts come in January. I guess I will leave all those up to other people. For me, all that comes in fall. I love fall. I love it, I love it, and I love it!!!
And, just look at these pictures. I love her. All 16 1/2 lbs of her!

I love this family that I am blessed with. All 5 of us!





I love him. The love of my life and my best friend.



And I just love these 3. Love them.
Love them.
Love them.
This life is not perfect. So far from perfect it makes me laugh. And cry. And have tantrums occasionally just like my 3 year old. (Just had a good one last night!) But I do love it. I love the ups and downs. I love the rollercoaster we are on. This is a journey. Not every moment is perfect, nor should they be. Without the imperfections I would never notice the perfection that peeks out just once and a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was that once in a while. 80 degree weather on October 8th!! Perfect. Bliss. Wonderful. Loved every moment of being outside. So warm out we wore shorts and T-shirts. But then there were the colors of the leaves and the smells of fall! What a perfect night for our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch. We go every year to this one and I love it each time. I love that it's so cute. I love that I am a little crazy/crabby/stressed every year in hopes of capturing the perfect pictures of my little loves! I laugh every time we drive away at myself. Seriously. I can be too much sometimes. For real. I don't deny that. And I love it about me. I love that I want just the perfect picture that captures my kids' spirits and ages and the feel of fall. So, once again I got just the pictures I wanted. Perfect weather, perfect pictures, perfect end of year ice cream treat with the kids! Indian Summer......I love it!



1 comment:

  1. hi...i too have 3 kiddos...bit bigger than your little gang...12,9 and 5...and your visit to the p.patch makes me giggle- we are obviously peas from the same pod...but i too don't mind my need to get the perfect shot.....tee hee!

    we are an australian beach loving family living in the english countryside...so you can imagine the madness the kiddos get up to...

    nice to meet another american embracing fall {autumn}- its very infectious!

    melissa :)

    ReplyDelete