Thursday, October 14, 2010

Counting My Blessings

~This was written 4 days ago~
Just recently my neighbor loaned me a book. I had told her I was out of reading material (if you know me, you know I LOVE to read). Seriously, I had read every book in our household, with the exception of my husband's business text books! So, just as I was going to leave her home after visiting she remembered some books she had on loan from her church library. Me, skeptical. If you know me, reading some religious literature usually is not by choice. So, I borrowed one of my neighbor's books. I love it. It has helped me to re-evaluate this life. This book, is so much more than a book. She's Gonna Blow! is the title. Yes, I have Blown it. In fact, the husband saw it and said so much to me. Actually, he said "Don't they mean She's Blown?". If you read this and know me, you know I am candid, do not mince words, and am honest. With myself, and with others. I have to admit. The last year has been a struggle. New baby, new adjustments. New schedule. New pressures. I admit, I have blown it. I also know that I am not the only mother to have done this. My point. That's what you are thinking. Me too. What is my point. My point is I wanted to share this book. Write down how I felt after reading it, so I am able to look back and remember maybe to read it again. And again. And again. It's a good reminder to stop and cherish, love, and appreciate all that I am blessed with in this life. And now, a little count of my blessings:
  • Chris
  • Cale
  • Mary
  • Tessy
  • My Parents
  • My Sister
  • My wonderful husband's family
  • Our pets
  • My "Dream" Job (seriously I did wish to do this as a little girl!)
  • My great friends
  • Fall
  • Leaves in the street that crunch!
  • A home
  • A borrowed cabin
  • Coffee

Okay, I guess I could go on and on. This is a pretty blessed life if you ask me! It would be great if I could remember that more often in the heat of the parenting moments. Sometimes this whole parenting thing really cramps my style. I said I was honest! There are days I just want to let it go. Ignore the absolute hideous behaviors because since the first 100 times I disciplined for said behavior it obviously didn't work. So, why bother is what I think. Then the next moment I think, "because I will not accept this behavior, did not the last 100 times and will not again." Although, it would be easier to just let it go. Oh, how I wish. So, I must need to add another blessing or two. Thank you to the dear Lord that blessed me with 3 children that possess such vibrantly strong and determined personalities! I have been told by the pediatrician that these personalities will serve them well, I just need to wait until they are 10 or so. Just fabuous! So, I have 3 years for Cale, 7 for Mare, and 10 for Tess. Well, each day is closer! Until then, I will continue to discipline, continue to try to remember to count the blessing for there are many, and enjoy these precious years of childhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment