Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Florida Laughs

Well, I am so tired from this extended vacation but just want to write a few little funny lines from the kids on the trip.  I am hoping that these trigger other ones I am forgetting at the moment.....
First, let's start with Cale. 

Last month when I jetted down to visit my folks by myself I had a connecting flight in Dallas.  When I returned, I told Cale that while I was waiting in the airport I saw some real cowboys from Texas.  Boots all shined up, clean pressed jeans, blazer, belt buckle (duh!), and of course, true Texas cowboy gallon hats!!!  So, it's Saturday and we are leaving late in the evening for our trip to Florida.  During the day Cale is running errands with me and he asks in his ever so innocent voice...."Mom, does our airplane go straight to Florida today, or does it stop in the Wild West first?"  Love that boy.  Love the little imagination he has that my description of cowboys in Denver was made into a stop in the Wild West.  Too cute!

Then Miss Mary,

Oh my little Mary.  So cute.  Has that little bit of toddler body left and is quickly morphing into a preschooler long and lean body.  But here she is, stripping off her wet suit and asks me, "Mom, did you see my stains?"  Me, of course thinking, good God, really Mary, you wrecked your suit just walking into the house?  But really I only said, "What stains?"  Mary, finishes pulling off the wet suit, cocks her hip out with her hand on it and points, "These stains!"  (she is meaning "tan lines"!) I laughed and laughed at her.  So, yes, we all came home with stains.

Tess,

Sweet little Tess doesn't have anything fun to say really...Mom, Da, and Hi/Bye are it vocally.  But, all vacation that girl went around signing for eat.  "Eat" "Eat".  "EAT"  Those little fingers together to the mouth.  ALL THE TIME!  She managed to snag more snacks and bites to eat than anyone I have met.  And of course, was so cute doing it! 

Oh, and a big thank you to my cute children.   You know they must be cute when at 12:30 AM they are waiting for the rental car in Florida and you get an upgrade from the rental woman in the lot to an SUV for FREE!  Here we are standing, nearly dead with exhaustion (flying with 3 kids at bedtime is not ideal) out in the parking ramp where they get your rental car to you.  The husband had already asked the gentleman at the desk for an upgrade and was denied.  But, the lady in the lot just looked at the blonde kiddos and kept gushing on about how cute Mary was. (Yes, she is.  Thanks)  Then she looks at Cale and Tess and says, "they are all so cute, your whole family is.  Look how cute you all are!!!".  Thank you.  Yes, I think they are quite cute too.  (Just not now).  So, she asks what kind of car we want, we tell her full size, the most trunk space possible.  Then she says, how about a small SUV?  I nearly faint.  Really?  For free?  SWEET!  So, thanks cute kids, I now know the reason I had you.  For upgrades!  Loved riding in the Ford Edge with only 1200 miles.  And loved the extra cargo space on the trip down to Captiva!  (More on that later!)

More to come when I have time/energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment