Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Little "Me" Time


Less than 21 hours from now I am leaving...
Just me.
A little vacation for myself.

I am so excited about time to myself I am giddy. Any mother can relate, there is a mix of "YES! Time off from caretaking!" with a little of "how much is the baby going to change and no longer want me at all when I am back?" (Especially since I am the last parent she wants this last week, feelings have been hurt.) But really, I just am excited for a break. I know I will miss these little ones. Especially since I am going to stay with my folks in Florida. There are so many memories there that I just won't be able to escape thinking about them. But, there will be no childcare waiting for me. No laundry. No dishes, hands, faces, or bodies to wash. No butts needing wiping. No diaper changes. No rocking a screaming baby in the middle of the night (sorry honey, that will be your job for 5 nights!) Absolute bliss.

I hope to return to a home that is still standing with 3 healthy kids and a husband that has a new appreciation for me (I know he will, 3 kids on your own for 5 days!) If the laundry that is piled on the couch making up our own Mt. Deschneau is no longer there I will be impressed. But, if it's there, I won't mind, it will just feel like coming home. I am not grocery shopping, scrambling to clean and organize and put things away before I leave. I have decided in my head that I am just going to pack my bag and go tomorrow. Sorry, dear husband, but the grocery fairy/cleaning lady/event planner doesn't come for me either during the week. I know you will do awesome, you always do!


And of course, I have to say a GIANT thank-you to all my great friends that are helping out with childcare. I am so humbled and amazed to have such generous friends. Finding childcare for 4 days for 3 kiddos is tough when there are no family members available to help out. It is also eye opening at how much child caring I do! Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you! Especially Jim who will have a 5, 4, 1 1/2 year old, and then the 14 month old Tess! You rock Jim!
(Tossing the occasional goldfish off the couch should work well!)

So, I hope to post a few updates for the kids while I am gone. Hopefully the man of the house will remember to have them read them. I told the kids that I am going to get Florida ready for them next month because it will be less than a month until we all go when I get back! Score! So, hopefully I have a lovely mini-vacation to myself. I hope to come back feeling rested, restored and ready to continue this journey of raising my 3 spirited little loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment